Pagina's

zaterdag 19 april 2014

Crafty Tutorial World - Making a paperbag card

Hi all!

It's Sandra here, with a new tutorial. This time I want to show you how to make a card from a brown paper bag. 

Supplies:
Paper bag
White card stock
Patterned paper
Ruler
Circle punch, or circle die
Scoreboard
Images from Robyn's Fetish
- Strawberry Wordart
Coloring medium of your choice (I used Copic Markers)
Recipe for strawberry shortcake
Any decorative material you want to use




 Cut off the upper part of your paper bag so that the ends are even.



Measure the middle of the paper bag and score.



Crease your fold really well.



Measure the width of the paper bag once it's folded. This is necessary for the card stock panels to decorate the card and for the label in the inside.



Cut 4 panels of white card stock that are slightly smaller than the paper bag front. 3 of them are for decoration  and 1 will be the label on the inside of your paper bag.



Unfold your paper bag and make sure you have the opening on the right side. Measure the centre of the open end and cut half a circle in it. I used a die to make this, but you could also use a punch or just free cut it.


It should look like this.


Now, one of the white card stock panels will fit in the paper bag.



Colour your images. I used my Copic Markers in the following colours.
Strawberries: R24, R27, R29
Leaves: G40, G41, G43
Mouse: W00, W0, W2, W5
Flowers: R000, R02, R05


Fussy cut the Fruity Strawberry images and cut the other images in a square.


Cut out your recipe and decorate the inside label with some patterned paper and an image.


For the inside right panel:
Mark the circle on your white card stock and then punch or die cut the half circle again.


It should look like this.



Adhere your patterned paper to the panel and turn it over. Now you can use your scissors or a craft knife to cut the half circle.



This is how it looks. I didn't cut very neatly, so I used some distress ink on the edges to cover that up.


The inside right panel of a card, or in this case a paper bag, is usually where you write a message to the recipient. Make sure you add a piece of card stock or patterned paper that is light enough to write something on. Do not use big embellishments on the inside otherwise the bag won't close and it will warp.
Once you're finished, you can adhere this piece to the inside of the paper bag.

 Now onto the front of the paper bag. This can be as big and bulky as you wish. This is what I used to decorate it.


This is how my front looks. It's best not to adhere this to the card yet, otherwise the left inside panel will be hard to adhere.


Decorate your inside left panel as you wish but do not make it too bulky. Once it's finished it can be adhered to the inside. After adhering the inside left panel you can adhere the front, too.



This is the result of my paper bag card.

Inside

Inside left

Inside right

Label with recipe



This was my tutorial.  I hope I've inspired you to make one too. It's really easy!

Sandra

2 opmerkingen:

Desire Fourie zei

Oh wow this is an awesome way to upcycle a paper bag. Just love the recipe idea with the strawberry theme throughout. Thanks for sharing.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Edwina zei

Sandra, This is fantastic! I love this card! I have not seen one before done so pretty. I love that you included a recipe with it. Well done my friend! Thanks for sharing. Edwina Brown